Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Heart of An Explorer (or something like that)



There it is again. That feeling. Can you feel it?  Something in the day that makes me feel this way.  The world is too small again and I cannot be constrained by its boundaries. My feral heart is yearning.  There's somewhere else to be besides under the cold shadow of storm laden skies. 

Destination unimportant. Out there.  Somewhere.  In that car I dream about so often rumbling around winding country roads.  Engine humming, wind blowing through open windows.  I don't even know where I'd go, just that I'd want to be in a car, driving. Just for today.  Maybe it's just the road itself, full of endless possibility, of people to meet, places to stop and listen to stories of lives between "here" and "there".   Hot coffee and french fries at some lonesome country

diner "out there".


The road calls. Or maybe the road is the page and the pen, the canvas and brush.  It's the restless heart craving release.  The spirit wants to soar but not necessarily on wings of feathers or wheels of steel.  The soul yearns to express, to discover and experience.  Maybe that's what lies on that road.  Have camera and note pad, will travel.

It's calling again.  Let's go.  I'll pick you up.  We won't be long. 

6 comments:

  1. 💞You know my latitude and longitude. I'll pack coffee and sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece. I know this feeling all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece. I know this feeling all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow you've gotten a peek into my soul. Let's go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bring the car and the road beers....

      Delete